The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Tuesday 12 December 2017

You're So Static

December will be plug time again!


Today saw the release of my latest Doctor Who audio adventure from Big Finish, Static. I’ve talked about it in the press release here, in issue 104 of Vortex here, and in Doctor Who Magazine, so I won’t go into detail here. Suffice it to say, the brief was to write a story as scary as The Chimes of Midnight, and having listened to the finished production, I’m very proud of my attempt. The cast are excellent – including the legendary David Graham, adding to my collection of City of Death actors, and the no less legendary Brian Prothero – it’s expertly directed by Jamie Anderson with excellent sound design and music by Joe Kraemer and Josh Arakelian. I am indebted to them all.

So please rush out and buy it here. The early notices have been extremely encouraging.


This Thursday, meanwhile, will see the release of the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine. I have two bits in it – a second Blog of Doom which will hopefully tickle readers’ funny-bones, plus the Christmas Quiz. It was quite a challenge to put the quiz together – trying to come up with questions that are fun as well as taxing, that are hopefully gettable with a little lateral thinking and perseverance. As you might expect, every few hours I have been having little panics that I have got the questions or the answers wrong, going back and checking what I wrote to make sure I haven’t.

Anyway, it’s (inevitably) going to be different to the ones done by the guy before, I have a tough act to follow, but in the great Christmas words of the late John Lennon, I hope you have fun.