The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Monday 29 January 2018

Crash


Another upcoming Doctor Who story has just been announced, The Crash of the UK-201. It stars the wonderful Maureen O’Brien and Peter Purves as Vicki and Steven respectively. I wrote it back in August 2016, in a fit of great excitement at being given the chance to write for them, and to add the first Doctor to my collection. Every now and then I’ve read the script back, because I quietly think it’s one of my best ones, so I can’t wait to hear the finished article (in December, so I still have a long time to wait!)

I can’t really say much about the story, there will be blurbs and announcements later in the year. A few people have correctly noticed that the UK-201 is the crashed spaceship we see in the 1965 story The Rescue, and have asked whether my story will feature The Rescue’s villain, Koquillion. I can’t help thinking that suggests that those people haven’t quite grasped the intricacies of the plot of The Rescue. So, in a word, no, of course it doesn’t.

You can pre-order it here.