The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 31 May 2018

We're Scared Of Bob


The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine, issue 526, out today, contains a couple of things by me in it. Firstly, there’s a 5-page article on how script editor Robert Holmes put together the stories of the 1975 series, and how it influenced the show today. It’s called The Holmes Master Plan. Researching it required checking every relevant interview/piece of correspondence I could find with Holmes, Terrance Dicks, Philip Hinchcliffe and Barry Letts, and working out a timeline of when things were commissioned and by whom. Important to get this stuff right, even when there are conflicting accounts, although it’s more of a thesis than a run-through of facts.


There’s also another Blog of Doom on the last page. I think it’s my funniest one yet, it has jokes and everything. Whether you think that is damning with faint praise is up to you. Anyway, this time it’s about everyone’s favourite Muto, Sevrin.


And in other news, here’s the cover for the River Song box set which contains my story, The Bekdel Test. I can’t wait to hear the finished thing; every now and then I re-read the script to make myself laugh.


And my Doctor Who novel Touched by an Angel has just been released in German. It's already been released in Italian and something approximating English. I'm hoping for French next.