The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 20 September 2018

Monkey Business

A few new things to plug!


The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, issue 530, includes another of my side-splitting Blogs of Doom. This time the subject is the villainous monks that captured fans’ hearts in the 2017 series. We know so little about them. Who are they? Where are they from? What do they want? Those are only three of the questions that my blog will endeavour to leave unanswered.


Following that, on October 5th there’s another Doctor Who Magazine bookazine, The Story of Doctor Who. It will contain a couple of articles by me, including one where I had the unenviable task of summarizing the complete history of Doctor Who in under 2000 words. I’ll blither about it properly when it comes out.


On top of that, three forthcoming Big Finish stories I’ve written have been announced. The first to be released will be The Belly of the Beast, part of the first Missy boxset. What’s that? A boxset where the antagonist is the protagonist? How does that work? Well, you’ll find out when the boxset is released in February 2019, if you pre-order it. If you wish to do so, do so here.


Following that, March 2019 will see the release of my latest story for the main Doctor Who range, which has the gnomic title Empire. It features Peter Davison as the fifth Doctor Who and Janet Fielding and Mark Strickson as his companions Tegan and Turlough respectively. That's all I can tell you for now. More details will no doubt be forthcoming, but you can already pre-order it here.


And following that, in July 2019 a boxset entitled The Legacy of Time will be released to celebrate twenty glorious years of Big Finish Doctor Who stories. Again, details are forthcoming, but I can reveal that I have written the fifth of the six stories in the set, called The Avenues of Possibility. I don’t think I can reveal which Doctor I have written for, or which companions, but some people on the forums have already worked it out. The box set is in a limited edition, and can be pre-ordered here.

I think that’s all. I have the niggling feeling there’s something I’ve forgotten. So many projects in so many pipelines, it’s hard to keep track.