The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 20 August 2020

Difficulty

You may have received the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine in the post today. If you did, you’ll know there are about 10 pages of stuff in it by me. If not, you will still know that because I’ve just told you. The 10 pages of stuff consists of 9 pages of ‘Controversial Continuity’ – the articles in last month’s issue went down very well (rather to my relief and surprise) so I was asked to do some more. And with Doctor Who continuity being such a wibbly-wobbly tangled ball of stuff there is no end of things to say, so I may be back again in a future issue too. In this issue, I cover companions (including my own controversial Ace theory), UNIT dating, the Silurians and the rules of time travel.

The other page of stuff is the latest instalment of The Blogs of Doom which includes a joke I am so proud of I have taken to repeating it on twitter at irregular intervals. But now it has seen print I shall have to retire it. I hope it amuses; the blogs are terrifically hard to write!

The most exciting parts of the magazine for me – apart from a fascinating article about a lost lemonade-themed Tom Baker story – is that there’s a news article on my forthcoming ‘tome’, The Monster Vault, and it announces my forthcoming River Song audio adventure, Queen of the Mechonoids. Of which much more, much later, but you can, of course, already pre-order it here.

That’s all for now. This has been rather a difficult month, for personal reasons, so it’s nice to have some lovely things to look forward to.