The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 24 December 2020

Father and Son

Very quick update, three more things before Christmas!

 

My 2017 Doctor Who novel Plague City has just been re-published in paperback. Its subject matter is even more topical than it was back in 2017. Edinburgh in lockdown, 1645. Plague doctors and ghosts in Mary King’s Close. You can order it from Waterstones here.

 

I also had the opportunity to write the ‘Afterword’ for the Doctor Who Magazine 2020 Yearbook. With all the episodes covered within, I decided the only thing to do would be to write something personal about what Doctor Who meant to me in 2020. Because the personal is often universal. The article is called You Are The Timeless Child and I’ve had a few kind words back, which is lovely. The Yearbook is available in all good newsagents, if they are open in your area. If not, you can also order the yearbook here.

And finally, I've contributed a short story to a charity e-book collection in aid of Scope called Once Upon A Time Scope. A worthy cause very close to my heart so please check it out here.