The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Friday 21 December 2018

Return to Yesterday


Two things which I should’ve plugged last week, but didn’t cos I was busy writing a thing, and the thing had to take priority. It looks bad if people are waiting for me to deliver a thing and I’ve written a blog instead.


Anyway. Out last week, is the latest edition of the official Doctor Who Magazine within which, as well as another edition of the fan favourite* Blogs of Doom I’ve also, for the second year running, compiled the Christmas Quiz. I can’t really say any more about it, in case I accidentally say something that could be misconstrued as a clue, but I hope it hits the sweet spot of being challenging without being impossible. The answers will follow in the next issue. 


Also out last week was my much-anticipated** Doctor Who audio adventure The Crash of the UK-201. It seems to have gone down very well, there are some very nice reviews out there and people have generally been delighted. Personally speaking, when I listened to it I was almost in tears  at how fantastically it had turned out, how great the cast were – particularly, of course, Maureen O’Brien, as the main thing I wanted to do with the story was showcase her brilliance – and how well-directed and post-produced it was. It really is one of the Doctor Who things I’ve done which I’m most proud of – and there’s a lot of competition.

It was also one of those blessed projects where what I think is a good idea for a story turns out, in the process of writing, to be a fantastic idea, which just organically generates dramatic scenes and emotional situations. That doesn’t always happen, sometimes what I think is a good idea for a story turns out to be hard to make work, so I appreciate those occasions where it comes easily.

It can be ordered here. And that’s me done for 2018, so Happy Christmas and may all your 2019s be filled with joy.

* Literally, it is the favourite of only one fan.
** By me.