The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 23 January 2020

Don't Stop Movin

Yesterday, while I was off on a long walk to Basingstoke, Big Finish released my latest Doctor Who story, Chase the Night. It features the fourth Doctor Who, as portrayed by Tom Baker, along with Romana (Lalla Ward), Adric (Matthew Waterhouse) and K-9 (John Leeson). The adventure is set during the ‘E-Space’ excursion of Season 18 and features Jane Asher (!!!) in its guest cast.


I’ve blithered on about the story’s inspirations elsewhere, in Big Finish’s Vortex newsletter and Doctor Who Magazine, and if you buy the story you may find me blithering even more in the bonus features. So I’ll refrain from blithering here too; it’s a fast-paced, thrilling ‘hard’ science-fiction adventure, intended to be as authentic to the era as possible while also doing a few things differently. I think I did a great job with the script; sometimes with these things they end up falling short of your ambitions, just because great ideas don’t always pan out into great stories no matter how hard you work on them, but in this case I think the idea took flight and ended up even better than expected.

The announcement of the release can be found here and it can be ordered here.