The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 19 February 2009

(Keep Feeling) Fascination

(Time for) another pop list, courtesy of my iTunes.

(Song titles which start with) parentheses.

(Here’s a list of) some of the best. (It’s) alphabetical.

(As Long As They’ve Got) Cigarettes In Hell – Oasis
(Baby, Baby) Can I Invade Your Country? – Sparks
(Can I) Find The Right Words (To Say) - Blondie going for the double.
(Crazy For You But) Not That Crazy – Magnetic Fields being silly.
(Feels Like) Heaven – Fiction Factory
(I’m Always Touched By Your) Presence, Dear – Blondie again.
(I’m Not Your) Stepping Stone – Monkees
(I Got) The Fever – those wacky Oasis boys again.
(I Wanna Give You) Devotion – Nomad featuring MC Milkee Freedom. Quite why I have this in my iTunes, I don’t know.
(If Paradise Is) Half As Nice – Amen Corner
(It’s Good) To Be Free – Oasis a third time. Joke getting old now, fellas.
(Just Like) Starting Over – John Lennon
(Keep Feeling) Fascination – Human League. Definitive use of parenthesis.
(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear – Elvis Presley
(Marie’s The Name) His Latest Flame – Elvis again.
(Nobody Does It Like) The Ukelele Man – Ivor Biggun. I’m so ashamed.
(Now And Then There’s) A Fool Such As I – Elvis catching up with Oasis.
(Probably) All In The Mind – Oasis nudging ahead again.
(Remember The Days Of The) Old School Yard – Cat Stevens
(There’s) Always Something There To Remind Me – Sandie Shaw. Most redundant use of parenthesis ever.
(‘Til) I Kissed You – Everly Brothers. Second most redundant use ever.
(We Don’t Need This) Fascist Groove Thing – Heaven 17
(We Want) The Same Thing – Belinda Carlisle
(You’ll Always Find Me In) The Kitchen At Parties – Jona Lewie
(You’re So Square) Baby I Don’t Care – Buddy Holly
(You’re The) Devil In Disguise – Elvis catching up on four...
(You’ve Got) The Heart Of A Star – Oasis, the winners on five.